The Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) provides Information Technology (IT) leadership, guidance, and support services that improve the Office of Justice Program's mission, management, and internal controls by delivering timely IT solutions to OJP, its constituency, and U.S. citizens.
OCIO consists of the following divisions:
- Enterprise Application Development - Provides software business solutions through support and expertise in multiple capacities in the procurement, development, use, and maintenance of software applications and products that support the broad spectrum of business needs at the OJP; builds enterprise applications serving multiple OJP program and business offices.
- Enterprise Architecture - Formulates, develops, and implements the enterprise architecture for the entire component of the OJP.
- Enterprise Infrastructure and Engineering - Operates and manages a computer center serving the OJP; monitors systems and communications; delivers systems administration services; architecture and engineering support; provisioning of servers and storage infrastructure; disaster recovery, enterprise backup services; media management, facilities management; after-hours help desk.
- Information Technology Security - Develops and maintains the Office of Justice Program’s information technology (IT) security program.
- Policy and Planning - Formulates, implements, and maintains an IT financial management program and associated plan.
- Program and Project Management - Leads project management for implementing IT projects using repeatable processes and procedures.
These divisions work together to assess grantee and OJP financial management policies, procedures, and practices, and to contribute to overall financial integrity and the achievement of OJP-wide goals and objectives.
Acting Chief Information Officer
OCIO Main Line: 202-305-9071
JustGrants Technical Support: 833–872–5175
OJP IT Service Desk: 202-307-0627