For general information related to the FOIA, please visit the Department of Justice Office of Information Policy website.
Information Required to Make a FOIA Request
There are no special forms required to make a FOIA request. If requesting first party records, please review: What are the requirements to get records on myself?
To make a FOIA request for:
OJP records –
- You may submit a FOIA request online through FOIA.gov or OJP’s FOIA Public Access Link (PAL).
- If you do not have access to PAL, you may submit a FOIA request in writing to:
OJP FOIA Office
810 7th Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20531
Other federal records -
- If you wish to direct your FOIA request to another component of DOJ or federal agency, visit the FOIA.gov website.
The Office of Justice Programs is the largest grantmaking component of the Department of Justice and houses the Department’s criminal and juvenile justice-related science, statistics, and programmatic agencies. OJP provides federal leadership, funding, training and technical assistance, research and statistics, and other critical resources to advance work that strengthens community safety, promotes civil rights and racial equity, increases access to justice, supports crime victims and individuals impacted by the justice system, and builds trust between law enforcement and communities. For more information on each OJP program office, please follow the links listed below:
- Bureau of Justice Assistance
- Bureau of Justice Statistics
- National Institute of Justice
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention
- Office for Victims of Crime
- Sex Offender Sentencing, Monitoring, Apprehending, Registering and Tracking Office
In addition, OJP maintains compliance information related to grants in the following offices:
- Office for Civil Rights
- Office of Audit, Assessment and Management
- Office of the Chief Financial Officer
OJP FOIA Contact
- Monica Potter-Johnson
Office of Justice Programs
Office of the General Counsel
Attention: FOIA Staff
810 7th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20531
- FOIA Requester Service Center: 202-307-6235
- FOIA Public Liaison: Charlotte Grzebien, 202-307-6235
DOJ Office FOIA Contacts
- Find a FOIA Contact at DOJ