- Current Funding Opportunities
- Past Funding Opportunities
- Legal Overview - FY2017 Awards
- DOJ Program Plan
- OJP Award Data
Award Condition: System for Award Management (SAM) and Universal Identifier Requirements
The following award condition is incorporated by reference into most OJP awards made on or after July 15, 2013. This award term and condition is not incorporated in awards to individuals who received the award as a natural person (i.e., unrelated to any business or non-profit organization that he or she may own or operate in his or her name).
System for Award Management and Universal Identifier Requirements
Section A. Requirement for System for Award Management (SAM)
Unless the recipient of this (OJP) award is exempted from this requirement under 2 CFR 25.110, the recipient must maintain the currency of its information in the SAM until the recipient submits the final financial report required under this award or receives the final payment, whichever is later. This requires that the recipient review and update the information at least annually after the initial registration, and more frequently if required by changes in the recipient's information or by another award condition.
Section B. Requirement for unique entity identifier
If the recipient is authorized to make subawards ("subgrants") under this (OJP) award, the recipient:
- Must notify potential subrecipients ("subgrantees") that no entity (see definition in section C of this award condition) may receive a subaward ("subgrant") from the recipient unless the entity has provided its unique entity identifier to the recipient.
- May not make a subaward ("subgrant") to an entity unless the entity has provided its unique entity identifier to the recipient.
Section C. Definitions
For purposes of this award condition:
- "System for Award Management" (SAM) means the federal repository into which an entity must provide information required for the conduct of business as a recipient. Additional information about registration procedures may be found at the SAM internet site (currently at https://www.sam.gov).
- "Unique entity identifier" means the identifier required for SAM registration to uniquely identify business entities.
- "Entity," as it is used in this award condition, means all of the following, as defined at 2 CFR Part 25, Subpart C:
- A Governmental organization, which is a State, local government, or Indian Tribe;
- A foreign public entity;
- A domestic or foreign nonprofit organization (including a nonprofit institution of higher education);
- A domestic or foreign for-profit organization; and
- A federal agency, but only as a subrecipient under an award or subaward to a non-federal entity.
- "Subaward" ("subgrant"):
- For purposes of this award condition, this term means a legal instrument to provide support for the performance of any portion of the substantive project or program for which the recipient received this (OJP) award and that the recipient awards to an eligible subrecipient ("subgrantee").
- The term does not include an agreement that, for purposes of federal grants administrative requirements, is a procurement by the recipient of property and services needed to carry out the project or program.
- A subaward ("subgrant") may be provided through any legal agreement, including an agreement that the recipient, for internal or other non-federal purposes, considers a contract.
- "Subrecipient" ("subgrantee"), for purposes of this award condition, means an entity that receives a subaward ("subgrant") from the recipient under this (OJP) award. A subrecipient is accountable to the recipient of this award for the use of the federal funds provided by the subaward.
For further explanation of the distinctions -- for purposes of federal grants administrative requirements -- between subawards ("subgrants") and procurement contracts under federal grants and cooperative agreements, see the provisions of 2 C.F.R. Part 200, including 2 C.F.R. 200.330, and associated additional guidance provided by OJP.