Find Funding Opportunities
Timing and preparation are critical to the success of your application for funding. Solicitations are generally, but not exclusively, released in the early part of a calendar year with due dates ranging from 45 to 90 days from the date the announcement is released.
Funding opportunities offered by OJP are announced, posted, and accessible through various means. Check the following sources often to identify potential funding opportunities.
- OJP’s Current Opportunities page.
- Grants.gov, which features competitive discretionary funding opportunities for all federal grant-making agencies.
- Your State Administering Agency. While its primary focus is administering and managing formula grant funds, many are familiar with and promote OJP discretionary grant opportunities.
- Additional information may be found on OJP’s Bureau’s and Offices’ Web sites:
- RSS feeds sponsored by OJP and the National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS).
Once you find a funding opportunity you would like to apply for, download the solicitation and review it carefully.