Mission and Vision
OJP’s mission is to increase public safety and improve the fair administration of justice across America through innovative leadership and programs.
To be the premier resource for the justice community by:
- Providing and coordinating information, research and development, statistics, training, and support to help the justice community build the capacity it needs to meet its public safety goals.
- Embracing local decision-making, while encouraging local innovation through national policy leadership.
- Strengthen partnerships with state, local and tribal stakeholders.
- Ensure integrity of, and respect for, science - including a focus on evidence-based, "smart on crime" approaches in criminal and juvenile justice.
- Administer OJP's grant awards process in a fair, accessible and transparent fashion - and, as good stewards of federal funds, manage the grants system in a manner that avoids waste, fraud and abuse.