Office of Communications Internships
Do you want to know what it's like to work with the media? Ever wondered how federal agencies interact with the White House and Congress? Does the idea of dealing with public safety experts and leaders from across the country sound appealing? If so, an internship in the Office of Justice Programs' Office of Communications might be right for you.
The Office of Communications strives to make every internship a positive learning experience tailored to the needs and interests of each intern. You will have the chance to:
- Monitor and report on Congressional hearings, bill mark-ups, news briefings or other events of interest to OJP.
- Perform legislative and other research.
- Prepare briefing books and special reports.
- Analyze pending legislation.
- Review and draft responses to citizen mail.
- Notify Congress of new grants.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year. Vacancy announcements for OCOM internships will be available for review via www.usajobs.gov.