2010 National Symposium and Workshop
The 2010 National Symposium on Sex Offender Management and Accountability was held May 1820, in Portland, Oregon. The symposium provided three tracks on sex offender management topics. The symposium was held in conjunction with the National Workshop on the Sex Offender Registration and Notification Act (SORNA), which provided jurisdictional representatives with advanced training to help them work toward implementation of SORNA.
In addition to presentations and discussions related to SORNA implementation, the symposium offered nationally recognized expert speakers and panel presentations in various areas of sex offender management and accountability, including the following:
- Comprehensive approaches to sex offender management.
- Indian Country specific sex offender management issues.
- Research and policy considerations.
- Dynamics of sexual offenders and offending.
- Deception detection.
- Information sharing across jurisdictions and disciplines.
- Forensic interviewing of child abuse victims in Indian Country.
For more information about the workshop and symposium, please visit the SMART Office website.
- 2011 SORNA Workshop
SMART is pleased to announce that our 2011 National Workshop on SORNA . . . More
- New SMART Program Specialists
SMART announces the addition of two new staff to its team . . . More
- Proposed SORNA Supplemental Guidelines
In May, SMART published the proposed Supplemental Guidelines for Sex Offender Registration and Notification to put forward . . . More
- 2010 National Symposium and Workshop
In addition to presentations and discussions related to SORNA implementation, the 2010 symposium offered nationally recognized expert speakers . . . More