Are You Interested in Becoming a Peer Reviewer for Sex Offender Sentencing, Monitoring, Apprehending, Registering, and Tracking (SMART) Office?
The SMART Office needs reviewers with relevant expertise, from diverse backgrounds, regions and experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Expertise in criminology, law enforcement, and corrections.
- Expertise in sex offender management.
- Expertise in juvenile justice.
- Expertise in tribal communities.
- Expertise in victim services.
- Expertise in sex offender treatment and monitoring.
- Expertise in information technology.
Reviewers will participate remotely and will not be required to attend any in-person meetings. Participants will review and score 10 - 20 applications within a 2-week period. Reviewers are also required to participate in an Orientation Call before beginning their review. The purpose of the Orientation Call is to define the role and responsibilities of the peer reviewers as well as the background and purpose of the grant program being peer reviewed. Reviewers are paid $125 for each application reviewed.
If you are interested in becoming a peer reviewer, please submit an up-to-date resume or curriculum vitae, including a valid e-mail address, to: GetSmart@usdoj.gov. Please put "Peer Reviewer Candidate Resume" in the subject line.