In developing the Building Partnerships for the Protection of Persons with Disabilities Initiative (BPI), Massachusetts recognized that a multidisciplinary approach to protecting persons with disabilities would enhance their safety and well-being and provide the groundwork for effective prevention strategies.
BPI implementation in the Commonwealth involved various phases:
- Formation of a steering committee.
- Creation of a memorandum of understanding.
- Implementation of training curricula.
- Recognition of legislative limitations.
- Development of a public awareness campaign.