1. The U.S. Congress included provisions on statutory rape in the Welfare Reform Act (Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996, P.L. 104193, August 1996), which notes a need for the Federal Government to study the issue.
2. Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New York, Oregon, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, and Washington.
3. California, Delaware, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, North Carolina, Oregon, Utah, and Washington.
4. California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Oregon, and Washington.
5. Delaware, Florida, Oregon, and Tennessee.
6. California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, New York, and Utah.