Message From the Director
We are pleased to release this updated version of the OVC Publishing Guidelines. They provide important information that grantees and contractors should adhere to when developing written and multimedia materials for OVC to produce and release to the public.
OVC is committed to producing a variety of innovative products, from materials that inspire and inform, to those that teach and train. These products include electronic publications, toolkits, marketing postcards, and videos, to name just a few. The OVC Publishing Guidelines cover all of the major considerations in developing your product, no matter the type or format.
The guidelines contain some notable additions, including:
- An updated timeline for submitting materials to OVC;
- More comprehensive guidance on submitting multimedia products, including videos;
- Requirements regarding logos and disclaimers;
- Guidance for producing an online toolkit; and
- Tips on writing for the Web, particularly writing in plain language.
OVC wants to provide you with as much direction as it can to make the process of developing your written and multimedia materials as efficient as possible. We hope you find the latest edition of the OVC Publishing Guidelines useful, and we look forward to collaborating with you on developing products of the highest value to the victim advocacy field.
Joye E. Frost
Office for Victims of Crime