1. Falling Through the Net: Defining the Digital Divide, July 8, 1999, National Telecommunications and Information Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce.
2. Statistics, ProtectKids.org, www.protectkids.org/statistics.htm.
3. Magid, Lawrence, 1992, Child Safety on the Information Highway (pamphlet), National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.
4. Finkelhor, David, Kimberly J. Mitchell, and Janis Wolak, 2000, Online Victimization: A Report on the Nations Youth, National Center for Missing & Exploited Children: Arlington, VA.
6. A traveler case is when an adult travels to meet and have sex with a youth he or she met on the Internet.
7. Turman, K.M., and K.L. Poyer, 1998, Child Victims and Witnesses: A Handbook for Criminal Justice Professionals, Office for Victims of Crime, U.S. Department of Justice: Washington, DC.