3.3 Matching or Cost Sharing Requirements
Waiver of Match
- For American Indian or Alaskan Native tribes that perform law enforcement functions (as determined by the Secretary of the Interior) for any program or project described in 42 U.S.C. §3752 of the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968, 42 U.S.C. Section 3750–3769 [PDF - 160 Kb] the Federal portion of grant awards shall be 100 percent of such cost.
- The Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Administrator may increase the Federal share of your project cost to the extent deemed necessary if:
- You are part of an American Indian or Alaska Native tribe, and
- Your tribe does not have sufficient funds to meet the local share of the cost of any program or project award to be funded under Title II of the Juvenile Justice Act.
- An awarding agency, in its discretion, may waive any requirement for matching funds under $200,000 for ALL awards made to American Samoa, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, and Northern Mariana Islands unless otherwise required by law to be provided (48 U.S.C. Section 1469a [PDF - 116 Kb] ).