3.19 Audit Requirements
Submission of Audit Reports
Recipients must submit audit reports as follows:
- For State and local governments, institutions of higher education, and nonprofit institutions:
- Completed audit reports for fiscal years 2008 and later must be submitted electronically, rather than in paper format, to the FAC.
- Instructions for submitting paper and online audit reports on FAC’s website are listed at the FAC Data Collection Form Options web page.
- Completed audit reports for fiscal years ending 2007 and earlier must be mailed to:
Federal Audit Clearinghouse
Bureau of the Census
1201 East 10th Street
Jeffersonville, IN 47132
Financial Management Tip
Completed audit reports should not be mailed to OJP unless requested by an agency official.
- For commercial organizations and individuals:
- One copy of all audit reports should be mailed to:
U.S. Department of Justice
Office of Justice Programs
Office of the Chief Financial Officer
ATTN: Control Desk
810 Seventh Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20531