Jurisdiction Federal ID Number (Registration)
This is a Federally issued number assigned to your jurisdiction under
which federal withholding taxes are deposited.
Jurisdiction Population (Registration)
Population for the jurisdiction is listed here. If the number listed is
incorrect, click on the link to send an email to the BVP help desk to
change the population for you.
Jurisdiction Types (Registration)
- State: A politically unified people occupying a definite area.
- County/Parish: The largest local administrative division in
most states in the US.
- City/Municipality: An incorporated municipality, usually governed
by a mayor and council.
- Township: A unit of local government, usually a subdivision
of a county, found in most Midwestern and northeastern states of the
- Special District: A division of territory, as of a state or
county, marked off for administrative, electoral, or other purposes.
- Independent School: A special school district.
- Tribal Government: A local division of a Native American tribe.
Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) Funding
Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) funds may not be used to pay for that portion of the bullet proof vest (50%) that is not covered by BVP funds. JAG funds may be used to purchase vests for an agency, but they may not be used as the 50% match for BVP purposes.