OCOM strives to make its internship a positive learning experience tailored to the needs or interests of each individual intern. Duties may include the following:
- Reviewing incoming and drafting responses to citizen mail.
- Monitoring and reporting on Congressional hearings, bill mark-ups, news briefings, or other events of interest to OJP.
- Performing legislative and other research.
- Assisting in preparing briefing books and special reports.
- Assisting in analyzing pending legislation.
- Assisting in Congressional notification of grants or other routine administrative duties as needed.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year. Vacancy announcements for OCOM internships will be available for review via www.usajobs.gov.